I have a new love of cardamom, and I can’t stop looking up new recipes that use this delicious and unique spice. These little cookies are the perfect bite-sized complement to a cup of steaming hot tea. Add a plush couch and a good book to the mix, and you’ve got yourself the beginnings of a wonderful evening as far as I’m concerned.
Link to original recipe at Land O Lakes: right here!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, constantly stirring until butter just starts to turn golden brown and gets foamy and bubbly – about 4 minutes. Immediately remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and cool in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cooled browned butter and sugar and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and cardamom, and continue beating until combined.
- On low speed, gradually add flour until mixture is no longer crumbly and forms a dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies puff and start to turn light golden brown, and small cracks form on the surface.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 1 minute. Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm and again when completely cooled. Store between sheets of waxed paper in loosely covered container.
The cardamom flavor is pretty prominent in the cookies themselves, but if you love the flavor and want to give these a little extra kick, toss some extra into the powdered sugar before rolling. Yummy yum!
Before you go, have you checked out our brand new Facebook page? I would be very grateful if you’d toss us a “like” – the categorized photo albums are a great way to access previous recipes here at Brownie Bites! Thank you so much!