This fudgy snack mix is perfect for chocolate lovers and packages wonderfully for holiday gifts.
I can’t make a snack mix without including Bugles… I love them. They add a fun shape and a nice hit of salt to any mix, savory or sweet! I also used rice Chex, another snack mix staple, and for fun I threw in some Honey Nut Chex to complete the combination. Yum! The great thing about snack mixes is you can use any combination of fun cereals and crunchy snacks that you want to create different flavors.
This addictive snack gets a double dose of chocolate by being coated in melted chocolate and then tossed in dry brownie mix. The dry mix not only adds flavor, but also keeps your hands from getting too sticky.
I used Christmassy sprinkles since I was giving this away as holiday gifts, but you can either leave them out or use different colors to theme the mix however you like. This is a great mix to make in advance, as it’ll stay nice and fresh as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
|Brownie Batter Christmas Crunch|| |
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 3 cups Bugles
- 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (about half of a bag)
- ¼ cup salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup dry fudge brownie mix
- Colorful sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 250F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl gently toss together cereals with Bugles and set aside.
- In a double boiler or heavy-bottom pan set over low heat, carefully melt the chocolate with the butter until smooth.
- Drizzle warm chocolate over cereal mixture and toss until well coated while gradually adding the sprinkles so that they stick to the melted chocolate. Sprinkle dry brownie mix and toss to thoroughly coat the pieces.
- Spread mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Cool about 15 minutes. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
If you want to save this recipe for later, here’s a Pinterest-ready image you can use. Just hover your mouse over the image to get the Pin button!