Never Miss A Post!
Free Email Update When I Share Something New
These chicken bacon ranch crunchwraps bring the idea behind Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap Supreme into your own kitchen. An easy and fast lunch or dinner idea that is easily customizable.
What is a Crunchwrap?
Crunchwraps can include any number of fillings that include crunchy tortilla chips or a tostada stuffed inside of a flour tortilla and grilled until golden brown. The fillings can contain classic taco ingredients like seasoned beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato or – truly – any combination you want, like this chicken bacon ranch version that we absolutely love. The key ingredient to the crunchwrap is something crunchy on the inside such as a few tortilla chips or a small tostada. The bit of crunch that you get when biting through the grilled soft flour tortilla on the outside really elevates the dish.
What Do I Need to Make a Crunchwrap?
- Grilled chicken
- Crispy bacon
- Lettuce & Tomato
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheese of your choosing (I used colby jack)
- Tortilla chips or small tostadas
- Large flour tortilla
The key to being able to fit lots of great fillings inside and still be able to close it up is to use a BIG tortilla. Look for “extra large” “giant” or “jumbo” varieties to make sure you’ll have plenty of space to work with.
For the crunchy layer, either a small tostada shell or a small handful of tortilla chips (this is what I do since we always have tortilla chips in the pantry) will work great.
Make these crunchwraps even quicker by using frozen grilled chicken strips when you’re short on time. Easy peasy! Enjoy!
Recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Crunchwrap
|Chicken Bacon Ranch Crunchwrap|| |
- 1 large chicken breast, raw OR 6-7 frozen cooked grilled chicken breast strips, heated up
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 jumbo size tortillas
- 1 Roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 pieces of butter lettuce (can use green leaf or romaine)
- Ranch dressing
- 1 tostada shell or a handful of yellow corn tortillas chips
- ½ cup (approximate) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 TBS butter
- If using frozen grilled chicken breast strips, skip to next step. Pound the raw chicken breast flat and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and cut the chicken into strips.
- Lay out the two jumbo tortillas and place two pieces of lettuce in the center of each one, on top of each other. Top with Roma tomatoes, bacon, and chicken. You want the ingredients to stay toward the center of the tortillas, so cut the chicken and bacon into smaller pieces if needed. Drizzle ranch dressing over the top of the pile and place a tostada shell or a few tortilla chips on top. Cover the shell/chips with cheese and then start folding the tortilla toward the center, working one section at a time all the way around. You can stuff a little extra cheese under the flaps to help keep the crunchwrap together after it's grilled.
- In a skillet over medium high heat (you can use the same pan you used to cook the chicken), melt the butter and place the crunchwrap, fold-side down, on the skillet. Let it cook for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden brown. Flip and do the same thing on the other side. Repeat with second crunchwrap (you can do them both at once if you use a large skillet).
Get Updated When I Share Something New
Do you like this recipe and want to be able to save it for later? Use the image below to Pin to your Pinterest boards, or share with your friends on social media by using the buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!