This is an easy dinner idea that combines roasted cauliflower with cooked chicken smothered in a creamy cheese sauce and topped with… even more cheese! It’s a meal all by itself and is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
I chose to start this dish by first roasting the cauliflower in olive oil and seasonings to give it some nice texture and tons of yummy flavor. Then the creamy mixture is combined together and baked until the sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheese on top are melty and everything is heated through.
Serve this as a standalone entree or alongside a salad or some green veggies. Enjoy!
|Chicken Cauliflower Au Gratin|| |
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 generous cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower, rinse the head well, and cut into stems and florets, keeping the pieces pretty small.
- Spread cauliflower onto a baking sheet, drizzle on the olive oil, and use clean hands to stir until the cauliflower is coated in olive oil (you can add more if needed)
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lower oven to 350F.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter then sprinkle on the flour and whisk to combine. Add the milk and continue heating and whisking until the mixture begins to thicken. Add half of the cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray, add the chicken and cauliflower. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and stir to combine. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and the Parmesan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
Do you like this recipe and want to be able to find it again later? Consider pinning the image below to your Pinterest boards or sharing on your favorite social media platform!