January is salad month! Well, maybe not officially, but isn’t it funny how so many people go from the sweet treats and indulgences of Christmas to doing a complete diet overhaul once the New Year starts? I think we’re all ready to eat a few extra vegetables as we come down from our sugar highs, and this salad is a 30 minute dinner idea that’ll fill your belly with colorful, wholesome goodness.
Salads do not have to be boring and they don’t have to leave you wanting to go pantry-diving for something more satisfying. This roasted vegetable and shrimp salad is loaded with protein from the shrimp and so much flavor from all of the hearty roasted vegetables.
You won’t be hungry or bored with this salad, trust me.
You can get 2 restaurant-sized large salads from this recipe, or you can pare it down into smaller portions if you’re serving it as a side dish. Enjoy!
|Chili Lime Roasted Shrimp and Vegetable Salad|| |
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tails removed (if using frozen, thaw first)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- lime juice, for drizzling
- chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach, rinsed and dried.
- Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add the vegetables, except for the baby spinach, onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss using clean hands to make sure all of the vegetables are coated. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and chili powder. Drizzle with lime juice and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and make a space in the middle for the shrimp. Coat the shrimp the same way as the vegetables, with the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Roast for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp is done.
- in a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss together the shrimp and roasted vegetables with the baby spinach in a large mixing bowl. Serve and drizzle with the desired amount of vinaigrette.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click, “Pin it!”