I feel like even if you aren’t a fan of tomatoes in general, you can still love a comforting bowl of creamy tomato soup. There’s nothing quite like it.
I prepared this soup on a drizzly, cold day and we served it with some sliced French bread toasted with butter, garlic, and Parmesan. Boy did it hit the spot!
Most of the cook time for this slow cooker tomato soup is hands off, but it’s totally worth it to take the time to properly cook the onions and garlic before adding everything to your slow cooker. The flavors are amazing!
This is a perfect fix-it-and-forget-it type recipe for when you want to have a warm meal waiting for you at the end of the day. Enjoy!
|Creamy Crock Pot Tomato Soup|| |
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
- About 20 oz (3 cups) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, minced (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup half and half
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium low heat. Add the onion and allow to cook until fully soft and fragrant, 10-15 minutes. Near the end of the cook time, sprinkle the minced garlic into the skillet and cook for a few more minutes.
- In a crock pot, add the cooked onions and garlic with the tomatoes, chicken broth, paprika, basil, and desired amount of salt and pepper (you can adjust this later).
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, or you can carefully transfer batches of the soup to a blender.
- Stir in the half and half to soup and serve hot with grated Parmesan (optional)
(Nutrition facts are meant to be used as a guide only and should not be used to make decisions about your nutrition or health)
Pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Thank you for sharing my recipes that you love!