A green vegetable, a lean protein, and a complex carbohydrate. It doesn’t get much more balanced than that! I made this incredibly easy dinner last week as an experiment and didn’t plan on blogging it at the time, but after it turned out so tasty I compiled the very few photos I snapped with my camera and iPhone and just had to share it with all of you.
If I’m gonna use my crock pot for dinner, I get really lazy. I shy away from recipes that include a lot of prep work. If I have to use the stove or oven and dirty up another skillet for a slow cooker meal, then I’m probably gonna pass it on by and keep browsing around. I liked this one because it cooks my protein, carb, and green veggie all in one pot but still keeps them “separate”. The only prep work is chopping up the veggies and whisking together the easy dressing, and you’re done! The fresh lemon juice adds a nice bite to the chicken and green beans. I wasn’t sure about adding a lemon flavor to a sweet potato (mainly because I’ve never tried that before) but it really works! Enjoy!
|Crock Pot Lemon Chicken, Green Beans, and Sweet Potatoes|| |
- 1 - 1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans, sweet potatoes, and chicken in a slow cooker, keeping each ingredient separated.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and water with seasonings.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and vegetables and stir lightly to make sure everything is coated.
- Cover and cook on high ~4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are very tender. Do not open the lid during the cooking process.