Are you following me on Instagram? It’s a party over there! Click here to visit my profile and follow me – @ebrowniebites
While I love a good thick quiche baked into a buttery, flaky pie crust, there are times where I want a good high protein meal packed with veggies without the extra calories and carbs from a crust. The good news is that a crustless quiche can be just as tasty as their classic crusty cousins, and even easier to make.
I had some frozen broccoli and sliced deli ham that I wanted to use up and wasn’t in the mood to fuss with any kind of protein other than eggs (translation: I forgot to defrost something and needed to put dinner on the table)
The best part about this dish is you can substitute the veggies and meat and use what you have. Quiches are great ways to use up leftover ingredients. I’m a stickler about wasting any kind of food and will try my darndest to find some way to use something before it spoils.
You can eat this by itself or served alongside some whole wheat English muffins or toast and some fresh fruit for a well-rounded healthy breakfast or dinner. Enjoy!
|Crustless Broccoli, Ham, & Cheese Quiche|| |
- 6oz cooked ham, chopped
- ¾ cup frozen cut broccoli, thawed, chopped into smaller pieces if desired
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cheese of choice (I like Mexican blend or sharp cheddar)
- ½ cup skim milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the ham, broccoli, onion, and cheese in the bottom of the pie plate. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Bake on the center rack, uncovered, for about 35 minutes or until the edges turn golden and the center is set. Serve warm.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Use the image below: