Breakfast bowls and skillets aren’t usually something that fits well into a lower carb lifestyle with their usual base of potatoes, noodles, or rice, but this recipe for a low carb breakfast skillet will scratch that itch with a colorful mixture of healthy vegetables, seasoning, and of course an egg for a punch of extra protein.
I created this low carb breakfast skillet using what is currently my favorite ingredient, cauliflower rice. What, you didn’t already know that from all of the cauli-rice recipes I’ve been posting lately?! Well, I LOVE it, and I’m always thinking of new ways to use it.
There’s so much going on in this dish, your taste buds will be happy and with almost 21 grams per serving, your tummy will be satisfied for your next meal! Eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this is a great meal to have any time of the day.
You can have this low carb breakfast skillet on the table in about 20 minutes and trust me, you’ll want to make it again and again. Enjoy!
|Delish Low Carb Breakfast Skillet|| || |
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 6 oz broccoli florets cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz riced cauliflower
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4 links fully cooked turkey sausage, sliced into pieces of desired size
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, to taste (or seasoning of choice)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, then add the red bell pepper and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the broccoli and stir everything together, then cover the skillet for 1-2 minutes to allow the broccoli to soften.
- Uncover the skillet and add the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, and sausage pieces. Stir everything together and season as desired with salt, pepper, and Everything But The Bagel seasoning or seasoning of choice.
- Use your spatula to make 3 wells in the mixture and spray the wells with cooking spray or drizzle a small bit of olive oil inside each one. Crack an egg into each well, cover the skillet, and allow to cook until the whites are set and the yolks have reached desired level of doneness.
Net carbs per serving: 10.6 grams
Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.