If you’re looking for a new easy breakfast idea to add to your repertoire, look no further than these simple pita pizzas.
For my pizzas, I used Nellie’s Free Range Eggs , a brand I was introduced to through this blog. I ended up really loving their eggs! As a blogger It’s always fun to get some extra perks for creating content, but it’s especially exciting to discover a new product that ends up being something you want to use in your own kitchen on a regular basis. Nellie’s eggs come from the first certified humane farm in the country and their hens have free access to indoor and outdoor living spaces.
I also used Vermont Extra Sharp cheddar from Cabot Cheese, yet another brand that I was recently introduced to and that I subsequently fell in love with. There are so many different varieties of their cheese and we’ve pretty much tried them all. We’ve put them on burgers and sandwiches, used them in many breakfast dishes, created cheese boards, added them as a garnish to endless dinner recipes, or just served pieces of it straight up to our cheese-obsessed toddler. It’s good stuff.
You could alter the toppings for these breakfast pizzas however you like, or offer a variety of toppings so the different members of your family can create their own according to their own personal preference.
One pizza was filling and satisfying. This recipe is easily increased or decreased depending on the number of pizzas you need to make. Since a typical package includes 6 pitas, we made pizzas using 3 of them and put the rest in the freezer for another time.
We served our pizzas with extra salsa and some fresh sliced avocado. It was a perfect easy breakfast idea. Enjoy!
|Easy Breakfast Pita Pizzas|| |
- 3 whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (part-skim or whole)
- 3-4 TBS salsa, plus extra for serving
- ½ onion, chopped coarse and cooked until soft
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked
- Shredded cheese of choice for topping
- Fresh sliced avocado, optional for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and salsa. You can add more or less of either ingredient to reach desired texture or taste.
- Arrange bare pitas on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes until just starting to crisp (don't let them get too brown).
- Remove pitas from oven and top with ricotta and salsa mixture, onions, eggs, bacon, and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with additional salsa and fresh sliced avocado if desired.
Save this recipe for later! Use the Pinterest-ready image below. Just hover your mouse over the image and click the button that pops up!