Many entree recipes suggest being served over “a bed of rice” but that becomes an issue when you’re cutting carbs. This simple cauliflower rice pilaf creates a flavorful base (that’s not mushy AT ALL) for any of your favorite rice-friendly dishes.
Cauliflower rice pilaf is ready in minutes if you use a bag of frozen riced cauliflower. I think being able to buy cauliflower that’s already riced and ready to use is up there with microwave popcorn and sliced bread. It’s so darn convenient.
You can follow my seasoning suggestions in the recipe or you can combine your own flavors to complement whatever you’re serving. Pan frying the cauli-rice with olive oil and then allowing it to simmer in the broth adds a lot of flavor that is only accentuated by any seasonings you add after that.
Rice heavy dishes are saved! I hope you enjoy this super simple side dish as well as playing with different seasonings and making it your own. Enjoy!
|Easy Cauliflower Rice Pilaf|| |
- Olive oil, for coating pan
- 1 12oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic)
- Additional seasonings as desired. (I also added a dry roasted vegetable seasoning mix. Mrs. Dash seasoning blends would work very well)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a small drizzle of olive oil - enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When oil is heated, add the cauliflower rice and allow to pan fry, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes. Rice should be turning very slightly golden.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce heat to low. Season (to taste) with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any additional seasonings as desired.
- Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition facts are estimates and are meant as a guideline only.
Do you like this recipe and want to save it for later? Consider pinning the image below to your Pinterest boards or sharing with your friends on social media. Thanks so much for visiting!