Salads are not boring! Step away from that sad little pile of icky iceberg lettuce and gloppy dressing and realize that salads can be flavorful, healthy, calorie/carb controlled and interesting! This easy Mexican salad recipe is chock full of protein, making it incredibly filling and satisfying. There’s so much flavor in this salad – it’s just fun to eat!
One recipe makes 4 generous salads, though you can always keep the ingredients stored separately in the fridge if you want to eat salads over the course of 2-3 days. There’s not much prep work in this easy Mexican salad, so throwing it together and storing leftovers is easy peasy!
This easy Mexican salad is topped off with a light and citrusy cumin-lime vinaigrette dressing. You can also add your own extra toppings or crunchies as well. If you aren’t usually a salad lover, I promise that this Mexican salad recipe will help you be well on your way to changing your mind. Enjoy!
|Easy Everyday Mexican Salad|| |
- Cumin Lime Dressing
- 6 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- Easy Mexican Salad
- 8 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 12 oz baked or grilled chicken breast, diced - warm or cold
- 1 can of low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 large eggs, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 8 TBS medium salsa
- 4 TBS raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Optional toppings: crumbled queso fresco or crumbled tortilla chips
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients into a jar, securing the lid, and shaking to combine. Alternatively, you can place all ingredients into a bowl or glass and whisk.
- Evenly distribute the salad ingredients into 4 large salad bowls. Drizzle a small amount of the dressing on each salad or serve it on the side.
This nutritional info is for one salad (1/4 of the full recipe) WITHOUT dressing, just in case some of you want to use your own dressing or use none at all.
Net carb count per serving: 14.3g
This nutritional info is for the cumin-lime dressing:
Pin this post to your meal plan boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.