You can buy frozen breakfast sandwiches as easily as you can buy milk and bread, but they’re usually pretty expensive and come with added chemicals and other preservatives that you won’t have when making them at home. These freezer ready breakfast sandwiches are ready for your freezer in about 35 minutes and you control exactly which ingredients go inside!
This breakfast sandwich recipe yields 12 full sandwiches with a nice mix of complex carb, fat, and protein. I used light multi-grain English muffins, but you can use your favorite variety.
The eggs are baked in a 9×13 pan and then cut into 12 squares with a spatula, making it easy to scoop them out and place them on the sandwiches.
While the eggs are in the oven, it’s a perfect time to use a serrated knife to slice open the muffins and lay out the bottom halves for easy and quick assembly. I also like to smear on a small amount of light butter spread for extra flavor.
Once the eggs are done, each muffin gets a square.
Then I layer on the cheese (or no cheese – your choice!) and the meats. I bought pre-cooked turkey sausage and bacon because I wanted this to be SUPER fast and easy, but you can also cook your own (just don’t put raw meat on the sandwiches!). You could also use ham – yum!
12 fresh sandwiches ready to be wrapped up and tossed into the freezer for quick yummy breakfasts all week (or longer if it’s just you eating them!)
I wrap each sandwich in wax paper (can also use foil or plastic wrap) and then Sharpie what kind of sandwiches they are on top for easy identification. Then I place the sandwiches in big Ziploc bags before freezing. When you’re ready to eat them, they get unwrapped, covered in a paper towel, and heated a bit in the microwave at 50% power, then at full power for an additional 30 seconds or so (your microwave may vary) and that’s it! Enjoy!
|Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches|| |
- 12 large eggs
- 2 TBS milk
- Salt and pepper
- 12 English muffins (I use light multi-grain or whole wheat)
- Softened butter or light oil spread
- Cooked bacon and/or cooked sausage patties (can use turkey sausage and bacon... or ham!)
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter, Crisco, or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk, and then pour into the pan. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is just set, being careful not to overcook or dry them out.
- While the eggs are baking, use a serrated knife to slice open the English muffins and spread both sides with a light layer of butter or your choice of spread.
- Use a metal spatula and cut eggs into 12 equal squares.
- Top the bottom halves of the muffins with an egg square, top with cheese, then top with desired amount of meat of choice.
- Top with the top halves of the muffins, and then tightly wrap each sandwich in wax paper, plastic wrap or foil. Use a sharpie to indicate what kind of sandwich each one is, and then place the sandwiches into large Ziploc bags and freeze.
- When ready to eat: Remove the wrapping from the frozen sandwiches and wrap loosely in a paper towel. Microwave on 40% power for 45 seconds to a minute until no longer frozen in the center (you can test this with your finger, but be careful, it could be hot!) Then microwave at 100% power for 15-30 seconds until cheese is melted and the bacon/sausage is heated all the way through.
I did not include Nutrition Facts for this recipe since results will vary wildly depending on the different ingredients you choose to use. If you are wanting to keep the calories low, use light multi-grain English muffins (100 cals), thin-sliced cheese (around 40 calories), turkey sausage (around 65 calories per patty) and turkey bacon (30 calories per strip), and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Light spread (35 calories per tablespoon)
Pin this post to your breakfast or freezer meal boards, and don’t forget to share with your friends! Thanks!