Though we don’t restrict gluten or flour in our household, I think it’s fun to try new baking tricks. These pumpkin spice peanut butter mini muffins impressed both of us. During my research of using egg and pumpkin with baking powder to create the structure of the muffin I admit to being skeptical of the outcome, but these came out so moist and rich and delicious that I never even missed the flour.
The texture of these muffins is what would happen if fudge and cake got married. Lacking the structured crumb of a traditional muffin, these still have enough stability to hold their shape while not being too gooey. The combination of pumpkin, peanut butter, and fall spices results in a gloriously rich flavor that is a treat for anyone, whether you follow a gluten-free lifestyle or not.
Pumpkin spice products are everywhere right now, and yes, pumpkin spice peanut butter is one of them! I’ve written in the past about the two categories of pumpkin spice flavored products – either they only contain the mixture of spices found in pumpkin pie, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, or they contain actual pumpkin along with those spices.
I’ve had some tasty pumpkin spice peanut butter in the past that was only flavored with spices, but I was thrilled to see that Peanut Butter & Co‘s version is made with actual pumpkin puree! Not one to always believe front label marketing, I flipped over my jar and confirmed that the ingredients list does indeed contain actual really really real pumpkin.
The addition of real pumpkin puree makes a significant difference in not only the flavor but also the texture. This peanut butter tastes like fall in a jar.
My yield was 14 mini muffins with this recipe. Since most mini muffin pans contain 24-36 cavities, feel free to double the ingredients. When scooping the batter, I found that using a small cookie scoop (like this one) and using a generous rounded scoopful gave me just the right amount of batter per mini muffin and made scooping them lots faster.
|Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Mini Muffins|| || |
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ½ cup Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice peanut butter
- 4½ TBS granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare mini muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, fill baking cups ⅔ full.
- Bake on center rack for 10-12 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffin tops feel slightly springy.
Win a #PSiloveyou Gift Pack!
Peanut Butter & Co. is offering a fun gift pack to one of our readers! The winner will receive a cute gift box with a Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin votive and glass holder, a jar of Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter, and an absolutely adorable #PSiloveyou mug! The contest ends Monday, September 28th at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Winners will be contacted via email.
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post and tell me how you feel about pumpkin spice – do you love it or do you think it’s been too hyped up? – mandatory
- Follow @ebrowniebites (me!) and @peanutbutterco on Instagram – optional for an extra entry. Leave an additional comment telling me you’ve followed both accounts or are already a follower!
- Tweet about this giveaway! Make sure to use the hashtag #PSiloveyou and link to this blog post. Here’s a shortened link to use: http://goo.gl/vtvQMb – optional for an extra entry. Leave an additional comment with a link to your tweet!
Here’s a handy Pinterest-optimized image for you if you want to save this recipe for later – just hover your mouse over the image and click “Pin it”!
We were sent a #PSiloveyou pack to give Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter a try and share our thoughts with you. We do not accept free product or compensation in return for a fully positive review. Remember our motto – if it sucks, we’ll tell ya!