I love a warm, nourishing stew during the winter months. This sausage and seafood stew can be on the table in less than 20 minutes and it’ll get rave reviews. I was so excited about how much flavor was in this stew. You have to try it and come back here and tell me what you think!
I used cooked turkey sausage and frozen shrimp and cod that I thawed by allowing it to sit in a bowl of cold water while the tap trickled into it. It was thawed and ready to be tossed into the stew in about 15 minutes. Couldn’t be easier.
If you’re looking for high protein dinner ideas, this stew has got you covered! Enjoy!
|Hearty Sausage and Seafood Stew|| |
- ½ TBS olive oil
- 1 link (6oz) fully-cooked turkey sausage, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 cod fillet, approx 6oz. Can use any white fish like pollock, haddock, etc
- ½ lb raw frozen peeled, de-veined, tail off shrimp, thawed.
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sausage and celery and cook until the celery begins to soften and become more fragrant. Add the dill, oregano, garlic, and mix, allowing to cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and wine and bring stew to a low boil. Drop in the cod fillet whole and the shrimp and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish and shrimp are opaque. Use a wooden spoon to break apart the cod fillet into small pieces. Stir in the red wine vinegar, taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve on its own, with whole wheat crackers, or with a nice crusty dinner roll.
Serving size is 1 generous, overflowing cup.
Pin this recipe to your dinner boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.