Psst.. I want to let you in on a little secret!
.. are you sure you want to know this?
It just might change your life..
Well, OK, here goes..
Vegetables don’t have to be boring!
There, I said it. And it’s true. Vegetables don’t have to be the bland unappetizing mush you remember showing up on your dinner table as a child. Researching new and flavorful ways to cook vegetables is an easy way to inject some healthfulness into your daily nutrition.
The best part of this is that cooking delicious vegetables is easy peasy! Take these delicious honey ginger roasted carrots, for example. I needed a quick side dish for dinner last week, and I had some carrots in my fridge that needed to be used. Here’s what I did..
First, I mixed together a paste of equal parts olive oil, fresh grated ginger, honey, and ground thyme.
Then I took some carrots, chopped off the ends, and peeled them. Next, I placed them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, and used a pastry brush to coat all sides of the carrots with the ginger paste. I then sprinkled on some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt.
Finally, they were tossed into a 475F oven for 20-25 minutes. I turned them over about halfway through the cook time so each side had a chance to get that yummy caramelized crust on the outside.
These are fast, tender, and absolutely full of flavor. If you weren’t a fan of carrots before, these might change your mind!
|Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots|| |
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS freshly-grated ginger
- 1 TBS ground thyme
- Fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 1lb carrots
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Cut the ends off of the carrots and peel off the outsides using a vegetable peeler
- Mix together honey, olive oil, ginger, and thyme in a small bowl
- Brush mixture onto the outsides of the carrots
- Place carrots onto baking sheet and top with salt and pepper
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping them over about halfway.