I love happy accidents! I wanted to make a an easy, no-fuss dinner and my mind went to the usual “chicken and veggie” ideas, but I wasn’t very excited about it because those dinners can end up being kind of… blah. When care is taken to keep the chicken breast juicy, the veggies tender, and everything well-seasoned, well… yummy!
I was initially going to make a sheet pan dinner, but at the last minute I decided to wrap the ingredients up into foil packets instead. I wanted to keep all of that steam inside to help soften up the veggies and keep the moisture locked into the chicken breast pieces.
For seasoning, I used a packet of dry Italian dressing mix. You can find these at most any grocery store (or they are available through Prime Pantry). I coated the mixture in olive oil before adding the mix and I found that just those two things alone added more than enough flavor!
What to serve with these healthy and tasty foil packets? You can pair it with your favorite carb such as over a bed of mashed potatoes, roasted new potatoes, over a bed of rice, or alongside a nice pasta salad. You could also add some toasted French bread or some warm crusty dinner rolls to mop up all of the juices at the bottom of the packets.
If you’re watching the simple carbs, though, you can either increase the portion size and make a meal out of them on their own, serve over a seasoned cauliflower rice pilaf, or add a baked sweet potato on the side. We also like to serve proteins and veggies over toasted pieces of this Healthy Life High Fiber Low Carb bread.
|Italian Chicken & Vegetable Foil Packets|| |
- 1lb boneless chicken tenders, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 12oz bag frozen broccoli pieces
- 1 12 oz bag sliced carrots
- 1.5 TBS olive oil
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix (they are usually in 0.6 oz envelopes)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken pieces, chopped onion, frozen broccoli and frozen sliced carrots into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and mix well until all pieces are coated. Add the dressing mix in 2-3 additions, mixing well after each one to ensure all pieces are properly seasoned.
- Divide mixture among 5 pieces of aluminum foil and tightly seal each one. Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake until chicken is done and veggies are tender, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates and are meant to be used as a general guide only.
Do you like this recipe and want to be able to find it later? Consider pinning the image below to your Pinterest boards or sharing on social media. Thanks so much for visiting!