I’m so excited about this meal I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. This big serving of delicious pasta is less than 300 calories for the ground turkey marinara sauce AND the noodles. Better yet, each serving only has 21 carbs! I was recently asked to try a variety of ThinSlim Foods products and included in my box of goodies was a bag of low carb fettuccine called Impastable.
I was wary at first because the nutrition label offered BIG promises – only 65 calories for a 2 oz serving, 6g of protein, and the biggie… only 8g net carbs?? My mind was open, but I really wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought surely this pasta would suffer from major texture or flavor issues and that it couldn’t possibly pass for the real thing.
I. Was. SO. WRONG. I’m sorry I ever doubted you, Impastable.
OH my gosh I really can’t rave enough about this stuff. The texture is wonderful. The instructions say to boil 2-3 minutes, but I actually needed to boil mine closer to 6 minutes to reach the texture I desired. After draining the pasta still separated easily without excessive sticking. I whipped up a light, fast, and easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy ground turkey marinara to pile on top, added a side of Brussels sprouts cooked simply by searing them and then braising in a little low-sodium chicken broth, and we had ourselves a heck of a weeknight meal.
Eating this felt so naughty, and it so wasn’t! The sauce was also delicious. I have my more traditional all-day spaghetti sauce that I like to make on weekends when I have more time and Matt can watch the baby, but this marinara is lighter and faster and still delivers plenty of flavor. You can leave out the meat and use it as a dip for parmesan crusted breadsticks or use it as-is in pretty much any baked pasta recipe.
|Lower Carb Ground Turkey Fettuccine|| |
- 20 oz package extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz ThinSlim Foods Impastable
- In a pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add the ground turkey
- Cook through until no pink remains, breaking into pieces as you go. Drain fat if needed.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and let cook 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- In another pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and serve immediately topped with sauce.