If you love summer desserts but hate to heat up your house by turning on the oven, no bake treats are your friend.
This no bake pie is full of fresh strawberry and creamy peanut butter flavor with a fluffy, smooth consistency that isn’t too heavy. The texture comes from the combination of whipped cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow creme. This is my first time using marshmallow creme in a no bake dessert and there’s no going back now – I’m hooked!
Mmm… it’s like eating a fruity, puffy cloud. Check out that crust! Instead of a traditional cookie crumb crust, I opted to use crushed pretzels for a salty crunch and to help offset some of the sweetness of the pie.
While you can certainly make this dessert in a deep dish pie pan, I chose to use a spring form pan so that I could remove it for easier decorating.
So whether you are avoiding your oven or you need a fast dessert that will feed a crowd, this one might make it into your permanent go-to stack of recipes. Let me know if you try it!
|No Bake Strawberry Peanut Butter Fluff Pie|| |
- For the crust:
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed into a fine crumb with some small pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried, finely diced, plus more for decoration
- For the drizzle:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 TBS milk
- 3 TBS smooth peanut butter
- Combine melted butter with crushed pretzels, making sure the mixture is very wet and easily sticks together (add more butter if needed). Press mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and press up the sides. Place crust in the refrigerate while the filling is prepared.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and continue mixing until thoroughly combined, and then beat in the marshmallow creme.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping and strawberries until smooth and then spread mixture into the prepared crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or overnight) until set.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar with 2 TBS of milk and stir until combined. Stir in the peanut butter and add more milk as needed until the mixture easily drizzles off of a spoon. Drizzle onto chilled pie.