With the right combination of simple ingredients, even the most uncomplicated of recipes can result in a seriously tasty meal. These pork cutlets with sauteed beans and veggies are an ideal high protein option for a filling lunch or dinner.
Most of the effort of this dish is in chopping up the peppers, shallots, and parsley. After that, it’s basically just tossing ingredients into a skillet. Oh, and there’s a bonus – you’ll only have one pan to wash when you’re finished!
This dish has so much color. I love cooking with bell peppers for the color as much as for their wonderfully spicy-sweet flavor. Look how pretty!
This dinner packs a wallop with the protein but keeps the carbs low – perfect for filling you up and keeping you satiated, whether you follow a low carb lifestyle or not. Enjoy!
|Pork Cutlets with Sauteed Beans and Peppers|| |
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 8 thin pork cutlets, about 3oz each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 TBS non-pareil capers
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- Heat 1 TBS of the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. While it is heating, season both sides of the pork cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cutlets until browned and done, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, working in batches if needed. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the other TBS of oil and use a spatula to deglaze the pan to scrape up all of the flavorful bits on the bottom. Add the peppers and onions with a bit more salt and pepper. Allow to cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the beans, capers, and parsley, toss to combine, and allow to cook until beans are warmed through.
- Serve 2 pork cutlets per plate topped with veggie mixture.
Pin this recipe to your Pinterest dinner ideas boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the image that pops up.