I finally got around to putting together a sheet pan dinner and I think I’m hooked.
What is a sheet pan dinner? It’s an entire meal (or at least most of one, if you have bread or other sides) cooked on a single baking sheet. Everything comes out of the oven piping hot at the same time and ready to nom.
I put together a pan of flattened chicken breasts marinated in a flavorful mixture of balsamic and fresh herbs. It’s a simple and classic combination of flavors that never gets boring. The longer you marinate the chicken the better!
I’m certain you’ll fall in love with the idea of easy sheet pan dinners as soon as you try this recipe and see how quick and easy it is to get a flavor-packed meal on the table for your family. Enjoy!
|Sheet Pan Dinner | Balsamic Herb Chicken & Vegetables|| |
- Chicken & Marinade:
- 1.5 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat to ¾" thickness and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- ½ TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- Balsamic Herb Vegetables:
- 1.5 cups fresh green beans, washed, ends removed and snapped in half
- 1 small sweet onion cut into 1-inch pieces, layers separated
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cups baby carrots, cut in half (or thirds, if they are large, you want them less than an inch)
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh sage, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Place the flattened chicken pieces into a shallow container and add all marinade ingredients. Using clean hands, make sure that the chicken is evenly coated on both sides with the marinade. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the vegetables, tossing with clean hands to combine. In a small prep bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt, and herbs. Pour mixture over the vegetables and toss with your hands until everything is evenly coated.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the vegetables in an even layer. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and nestle the pieces among the vegetables. If there is any marinade left in the container, pour that over the chicken. Top with desired amount of fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake on lower rack of oven until vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
Save this recipe for later! Use the pretty Pinterest-optimized image below. Just hover your mouse over the photo and click the button that pops up.