When I first put together this easy roasted vegetable side dish, I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was. I want to make it all the time now. It requires almost no prep and roasts in the oven with little fuss while you can focus on preparing your main course.
I love using frozen vegetables and I hate chopping fresh vegetables. There, I said it. While there are many applications where using fresh vegetables will yield a tastier dish, this is not one of those times. You’ll never know the frozen peas, carrots, and cauliflower rice in this easy low carb side dish weren’t prepared fresh.
I especially love how well the textures of the three vegetables work together here – there’s no crunchy bites mixed with mushy bites. Everything is uniform with a nice chew. Such an easy way to get your veggies in for the day!
|Super Easy Roasted Cauli-Rice, Carrots, and Peas|| |
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasonings, to taste (see notes)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place vegetables on a large baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Use clean hands to work the oil all over the vegetables until well-coated.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, your choice of seasoning blend, and Parmesan.
- Roast on middle rack of oven for about 30-35 minutes, stirring carefully every 10 minutes or so.
I will also use this roasted vegetable blend, which is my current favorite.
You can use a mixture of dried herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme, etc) or your favorite spice blends like Mrs. Dash, Emeril, etc.
(Please know that Nutrition Facts I post are to be used as a general guide and are subject to error due to the actual amount and type of ingredients that you use)
Do you like this recipe and want to be able to find it easily later? Please consider pinning it to your Pinterest boards or sharing on social media! Thank you for visiting my blog!