I’m so excited about these rolls! If you’re looking for easy party food ideas or fast appetizers and you have some Thai or peanut butter lovers to feed, these Thai peanut chicken stuffed crescent rolls have got ya covered.
These rolls are really filling due to the protein from the peanut butter and chicken and the fat from the use of sesame oil. If you have other food available then 1-2 per guest should be all you’d need to plan for,or maybe more if they are the “main dish”.
I enjoy garnishing Thai dishes with crushed peanuts, so for the sauce used in this recipe I simplified things and used crunchy peanut butter. I love the fun texture that it adds to the filling! I used Old Fashioned Crunchy by Peanut Butter & Co, which has been one of my favorite brands of plain and flavored peanut butter for several years now. It has a great roasted peanut flavor without added sugar or any other unnecessary ingredients. The only things in it are peanuts and salt – the way I like it!
While you can certainly use homemade crescent roll dough with this filling, I used canned dough. Since I created these rolls for the purpose of being a fast and delicious party food or appetizer, the canned dough fits the bill, and it’s actually quite tasty!
I did a happy victory dance in the kitchen when we ate these for a Saturday lunch. They are soooo good!! My husband and toddler devoured them as well. It’s one of those recipes that’s going in my special binder of repeat dishes. Enjoy!
|Thai Peanut Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls|| |
- 2 cans crescent roll dough (for 16 rolls total)
- 2 generous cups of cooked, shredded chicken (1-2 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 TBS fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp hot sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 TBS hoisin sauce
- 1 TBS fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, hot sauce, hoisin sauce, and lime juice. Pulse until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sauce with the cooked chicken.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate the triangles. Place a large spoonful of filling in the wide area of each triangle and roll up toward one of the longer pointy ends. Use your fingers to firmly pinch together any open ends to prevent oozing during baking.
- Place crescents onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Use the optimized image below – just hover your mouse over the photo and click the button that pops up.
I created this recipe as part of my membership in Peanut Butter & Co’s Yum Squad bloggers club! I was provided the peanut butter to help me create this dish.