If you’re looking for a pretty fudge that isn’t too sweet, has refined and sophisticated flavors and cuts cleanly with nice even lines… this ain’t it.
This fudge is sticky gooey goodness, and is reserved only for those with a major sweet tooth. We made these as part of our holiday bake-a-palooza, but the only thing truly festive about them are the colorful M&M’s, which you could theme for any holiday.
This sinful candy starts with white chocolate and marshmallow creme, gets loaded with mini marshmallows and Rice Krispies, and then gets topped with the decoration of your choice – I like mini M&M’s or chocolate chips!
The crispy crunch is super fun, but the cereal will begin to soften after the first day, so keep that in mind if you are making these ahead of time. It’ll still taste great, but it will have a different texture. And if you don’t need an entire pan of fudge, cut the recipe in half and use an 8×8 pan instead.
I adapted this recipe starting with a wonderful idea from two base recipes from Shugary Sweets and Sweet Recipeas. I made a couple of batches and made a few changes to better suit my tastes and I’m happy with the end result. Let me know what you think!
|White Chocolate Marshmallow Crispy Fudge|| |
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (or 1¼ sticks)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt (just a pinch)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (~12oz)
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7oz)
- 2⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Mini M&M's for decorating (or whatever you want to use)
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the heavy cream, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
- Continue to boil while stirring for 4 minutes and then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl add white chocolate chips and marshmallow cream. Pour the hot butter and cream mixture into the mixing bowl and use a hand or stand mixer to mix until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth.
- Using a nonstick spatula, fold in Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows. Immediately pour into a 9x13 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with M&M's or mini chocolate chips while the mixture is still warm. Refrigerate until set, ~3 hours. Cut into pieces and serve immediately (see notes)