An incredibly easy, hearty, and delicious soup that is made with 7 cans, one pot, and a couple of basic seasonings.
- 1 can chili
- 1 can chili beans (kidney beans)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can fiesta style corn (corn with red and green bell peppers)
- 1 tsp onion powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese and soup crackers for serving
- Without draining, add the contents of all 7 cans to a large soup pot and bring to a good simmer.
- Add onion powder and garlic powder, stir.
- Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired, adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and soup crackers.
If this soup is too "bean heavy" for you, choose a can of chili that has no beans.
For extra flavor, omit the onion powder and instead saute a cup of finely diced onion in the pot before adding the cans.