Super moist simple banana nut muffins that come together quickly in the air fryer.
- 3 large bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until just a few chunks remain. Pour in butter and brown sugar and mix until fully combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet in 2-3 additions, mixing on low and stopping when just a few flour streaks remain.
- Reserve 1/3 cup chopped nuts and fold remaining 2/3 cup into the batter. Distribute batter to baking cups and top each one with remaining nuts.
- Preheat air fryer to 350F (or just turn it on and run it for about 5 minutes). Place silicone cups in fry basket (be careful, don't burn yourself) and air fry 9-11 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Air fryers will vary wildly so check them early. Use tongs to remove the cups from the air fryer: they will be hot!
- Let cool in baking cups 5 minutes before removing. If your air fryer will not hold all of the muffins, work in batches until they are all baked.
Most air fryers won't be large enough to accommodate a muffin pan, so I recommend getting a set of silicone baking cups like these. They'll stand on their own and you can set them right inside of the fry basket.
Reserving a portion of the nuts and adding them to the top of the muffins just prior to air frying will result in pretty, visible toasted nuts on the top that have an amazing crunch!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer