This recipe is for a batch of classic, simple sausage balls with one twist: they're made in the air fryer! Air frying creates a deep golden and extra crunchy exterior. Give it a try!
- 1 pound ground sausage (hot, mild, or sage)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese from the block
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- Up to 1/4 cup milk, any kind
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, cheese, and baking mix. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix with clean hands. Mixture should hold form but not be too sticky or dry. Drizzle in extra milk as needed.
- Set out a sheet of wax paper on counter top. Form mixture into walnut-sized balls and place onto paper.
- Set air fryer to 325F and let it preheat for 5 minutes. Place a batch of sausage balls inside, leaving a little room between each one so that the air flow can reach all sides of the balls.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes or until deeply golden and a probe thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165F. Air fryers vary in how well they hold temperature, so your fry time may vary.
- Transfer cooked sausage balls to a clean baking sheet to cool and repeat air frying steps with remaining uncooked balls.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Starters
- Method: Air Fryer