- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup blood orange juice, squeezed from fresh, plus 1 extra blood orange, sliced, for topping
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBS corn starch
- 1 TBS warm water
- 3-4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Blood Orange Glaze
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the honey, blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and a few shakes each of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cornstarch with the water until a paste has formed. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and allow to simmer for 7-8 minutes or until the glaze begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit - it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Glazed Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Pat the chicken dry using a paper towel and trim any excess fat. If the breasts are thick, place between plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat tenderizer.
- Lightly grease a medium-sized baking dish just big enough to hold the chicken when placed flat side-by-side. Add the chicken and pour on the glaze. Top with slices of blood oranges.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165F). About halfway through the cooking time, spoon some of the glaze from the bottom of the pan over the chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins