These super gooey and fudgy brownies are swirled with beautifully marbled marshmallow creme. For those who love the most luxurious of brownies
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 TBS (1 stick + 2 TBS) unsalted butter
- 6 TBS cocoa powder
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Good pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a light metal 8x8 square baking pan with foil and set aside.
- In the top portion of a double boiler (or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water) melt the butter with the chocolate and cream. Remove from heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar and whisk until fully combined.
- Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time, whisking after each one.
- In a second mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Drizzle the chocolate mixture into the dry mixture and mix gently until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the marshmallow creme with the warm water until the creme has thinned out. Dollop the creme onto the brownie batter and use a butter knife to swirl it into desired marbled designs.
- Bake brownies until the edges start to pull away from the pan, this could be 30-45 minutes as ovens vary wildly. I recommend starting to check them at the 30 minute mark. The center will still be pretty fudgy. Allow to cool completely. Lift the brownies out of the pan by the foil and cut as desired.
These brownies are meant to be super ooey gooey and fudgy. Don't attempt to cut into them until they have cooled completely. Or you can dig in with a spoon when they are still warm - I don't judge.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: dessert, brownies, chocolate, marshmallow