This simple yet delicious burrata pizza recipe has fresh and simple ingredients and takes a couple of shortcuts that results in an amazing pizza on your table in no time at all.
- 1 16-ounce ball pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons semolina flour or coarse cornmeal
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (see notes)
- 8 ounces fresh burrata, room temperature
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450F with a pizza stone inside. Make sure you put the cold pizza stone into a cold oven so it can preheat at the same time. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Press dough out onto the parchment, creating a 14-inch pizza. Sprinkle with semolina or cornmeal. Top with sauce.
- Transfer pizza to hot pizza stone (careful, it's hot) or bake on the lined baking sheet for about 6-8 minutes or until crust is golden.
- If you want melted burrata, add it to the pizza (whole or in chunks) and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes or until it has melted as desired. Alternatively, leave the naked pizza in the oven for an additional couple of minutes to let crust finish crisping up, and then drop room temperature burrata on top before serving. Add black pepper to taste.
I don't recommend canned pizza dough - try your grocery store's bakery section, as most of them sell bags of pre-made dough balls.
You can use your favorite jarred pizza sauce, or make your own. Here's a quick version. In a saucepan on medium heat, combine the following ingredients until warmed through. Adjust seasonings to taste before spreading onto pizza.
- 1 cup fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of salt
You can add additional ingredients such as cooked onion, prosciutto, or halved cherry tomatoes to your pizza, though burrata pizzas are typically simple and light on the toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: burrata, homemade pizza, pizza stone, tomato sauce