- Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 box (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups (16oz) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by coating the bottom and sides with butter, shortening, or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the carrot and raisin pouch from cake mix to the 1 1/4 cups of hot water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and one egg to form a dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and remaining eggs until smooth.
- Strain extra liquid out of the carrot and raisins and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over dough and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake on center rack 45-55 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden.