Homemade cheesy Chex mix is a savory snack made with a combination of Chex cereal, cheese crackers, and pretzels, seasoned with a blend of spices and coated in a buttery cheese sauce. It's easy to make and perfect for snacking on while watching a movie or hosting a party.
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups original Bugles (or Corn Chex)
- 2 cups Cheez-Its (or goldfish crackers)
- 1.5 cups pretzels
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons cheddar popcorn seasoning
- 2 tablespoon powdered Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl, stir together mix ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together coating ingredients. Pour coating over mix and stir until fully covered.
- Transfer mix to a large deep lasagna dish or baking sheet with rim.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Scale recipe up as needed.
You can vary mix ingredients as desired (use different snacks or cereal, add nuts, etc)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: n/a