- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 TBS orange juice
- 2 TBS milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, broken into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, and zests until fully combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and milk.
- With mixer on low, drizzle in the olive oil and mix until combined
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in two additions, and mix until just combined.
- Use a spatula to fold in almond pieces.
- Fill muffin tins with batter, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake on center rack until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 18-22 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins