Delicious crock pot chicken and biscuits uses a few simple ingredients and is a simple dinner idea that'll please both the grown-ups and the kiddos.
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded flat and diced
- 2 cups rainbow baby carrots (or plain), diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken condensed soup
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or a few shakes of garlic powder)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or a few shakes of dried rosemary)
- 1 can of biscuits
- Place the diced chicken, broccoli florets, and carrots into the slow cooker.
- Add the soup, a few shakes of black pepper, garlic, and stir together. Top mixture with a sprig of fresh rosemary, if using.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and discard the rosemary. Taste (careful, it'll be hot!) and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Tear biscuits into fourths and place on top of mixture, covering the whole top. Cook on high for an additional hour or until biscuits are golden on top. Serve warm.
You can use organic brands of cream of chicken soup if you prefer the more simple ingredients.
Dried spices can be used in place of the fresh garlic and rosemary. Start with a few shakes each and then, after the first round of cooking, be sure to taste the mixture and adjust seasoning so that it works for your personal tastes.
This recipe was tested using a 16oz can of Annie's Organic canned biscuits, though I didn't use all of the biscuits and had 2 extra (I baked them for an afternoon snack for my kids). You can use whatever size can you want depending on how much biscuit topping you desire, just make sure they aren't piled on top of each other (but they can touch!)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Crock Pot
Keywords: easy dinner, chicken and biscuits, canned biscuits