- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or 6 individual ramekins (4-5oz size) with cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions to the oil and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add thawed and drained spinach and cook until some of the extra moisture has evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs with cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the spinach and onion mixture and mix together.
- Spread mixture into pie pan or divide evenly between individual ramekins.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until eggs have set. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.