- 1 cups white sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir together 1/2 cup white sugar, flour, 1/4 cup dark cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add milk, butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter in ungreased 9-inch square baking pan or a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup white sugar, light brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup dark cocoa. Evenly distribute the mixture over the batter. Carefully and slowly pour the hot water over the top. **Do Not Stir**
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins