If you love the fried pickles and kicky Cajun dipping sauce served at Texas Roadhouse, you'll love this delicious dip with a simple method for fried pickles to go along with it!
Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Layer some paper towels on counter top and spread out pickle chips in a single layer. Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- Mix together all dipping sauce ingredients and set aside for serving.
- In a wide, deep skillet, add oil about 1-inch deep. Fit skillet with a thermometer and heat to 375F.
- While oil is heating: in a small bowl, add flour, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, oregano, parsley, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix together.
- Generously coat both sides of pickle chips with dry mixture and place onto wax paper or oven rack while oil finishes heating.
- Fry 3-4 minutes in a single layer until pickles are golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve with dipping sauce. Work in batches if needed and keep an eye on the oil temperature to maintain 375F.
If you can't find pre-sliced hamburger chip pickles, you can slice whole pickles instead.
10" Non Toxic Frying Pan
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Starters
- Method: Stovetop