- 3 whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim or whole)
- 3-4 TBS salsa, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 onion, chopped coarse and cooked until soft
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked
- Shredded cheese of choice for topping
- Fresh sliced avocado, optional for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and salsa. You can add more or less of either ingredient to reach desired texture or taste.
- Arrange bare pitas on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes until just starting to crisp (don't let them get too brown).
- Remove pitas from oven and top with ricotta and salsa mixture, onions, eggs, bacon, and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with additional salsa and fresh sliced avocado if desired.