Here's an easy dinner idea using mixed frozen stir fry vegetables and fresh or frozen shrimp. Serve it over cooked white or brown rice or lower the carbs by using cauliflower rice.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS sweet chili sauce
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 TBS water
- Stir Fry
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 generous cups frozen stir fry mixed vegetables
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and tail off (from fresh or thawed from frozen)
- Sesame seeds for topping, optional
- Cooked rice or cauliflower rice for serving, optional
- Whisk sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and heat to a low simmer, stirring frequently, to give the sauce a chance to thicken. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the frozen vegetables. Cook, tossing frequently, until vegetables are starting to soften. Add the garlic, cook for an extra minute or two.
- Add the warmed sauce to the skillet and then add the shrimp. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, turning the shrimp once until both sides are pink.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using and serve over cooked rice or cauliflower rice.
Warming the sauce separately lowers the amount of time that the frozen vegetables will be sitting in the sauce, helping prevent them from becoming too soggy or losing their color.
If you are using cauliflower rice and want to add extra flavor, I like to cook it in a skillet with a touch of sesame oil.