Ambrosia salad, as seen in the movie Edward Scissorhands, is a sweet and fluffy fruit salad with ingredients like mandarin oranges, pineapple, cherries, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows. It's a refreshing dessert or side dish served chilled at potlucks, cookouts, or holidays.
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 drops pink gel food coloring, optional
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- Reserve a dollop of whipped topping and set aside. Add sour cream and pink food coloring to container of whipped topping and stir to combine.
- Reserve one whole cherry and cut the remaining cherries in half.
- In a large bowl, add pineapple, cherries, coconut, and marshmallows. Stir to combine. Add whipped topping mixture and stir well.
- Add orange slices and gently fold them in. Transfer to serving dish and top with reserved whipped topping and whole cherry. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to let flavors meld together. Serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Category: Side Dish/Dessert
- Method: No Bake/No Cook
- Cuisine: American