- 12 large eggs
- 2 TBS milk
- Salt and pepper
- 12 English muffins (I use light multi-grain or whole wheat)
- Softened butter or light oil spread
- Cooked bacon and/or cooked sausage patties (can use turkey sausage and bacon... or ham!)
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter, Crisco, or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk, and then pour into the pan. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is just set, being careful not to overcook or dry them out.
- While the eggs are baking, use a serrated knife to slice open the English muffins and spread both sides with a light layer of butter or your choice of spread.
- Use a metal spatula and cut eggs into 12 equal squares.
- Top the bottom halves of the muffins with an egg square, top with cheese, then top with desired amount of meat of choice.
- Top with the top halves of the muffins, and then tightly wrap each sandwich in wax paper, plastic wrap or foil. Use a sharpie to indicate what kind of sandwich each one is, and then place the sandwiches into large Ziploc bags and freeze.
- When ready to eat: Remove the wrapping from the frozen sandwiches and wrap loosely in a paper towel. Microwave on 40% power for 45 seconds to a minute until no longer frozen in the center (you can test this with your finger, but be careful, it could be hot!) Then microwave at 100% power for 15-30 seconds until cheese is melted and the bacon/sausage is heated all the way through.