If you love Chick Fil A's frosted lemonade treat, you will go crazy for this easy copycat recipe inspired by the original!
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 TBS white granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large glass, add the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Add the lemon juice mixture and ice cream to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately in chilled serving glasses.
I used Breyer's Extra-Creamy Vanilla ice cream to test this recipe.
One recipe uses exactly half of a 1.5 quart (48oz) container of ice cream.
If you used bottled lemon juice, make sure it's 100% with no other added or artificial ingredients for best flavor.
You can also use lemonade instead of the mixture of lemon juice, sugar, and water. Choose a 100% all natural lemonade and use 1 1/4 cups of lemonade.
Only blend until the mixture is smooth to avoid too much melting. I recommend chilling your serving glasses beforehand to keep things nice and frosty.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins