Easy instructions for using your air fryer to cook up pre-breaded frozen coconut shrimp. This method produces super crispy shrimp and is a bit faster than using the oven!
- Frozen fried coconut shrimp
- Cooking spray
- Set air fryer to 390F and run it for about 5 minutes to preheat.
- Lightly spray fry basket with cooking spray and add a single layer of frozen shrimp. Don't let the shrimp touch each other if possible.
- Close fry basket and air fry for 7 minutes. Open fry basket and turn shrimp over (or shake the basket). Air fry for an additional 7 minutes or just until deep golden and crispy.
- Work in batches if needed if you can't fit all of the shrimp into the basket in a single layer.
- Serve hot with your favorite seafood dipping sauces.
If your frozen shrimp is not fully cooked, be sure that the shrimp is cooked to between 120-145F for safety reasons. Shrimp should appear white in the center when cut into.
If shrimp is very small (popcorn shrimp) start checking for doneness earlier, as they will cook faster.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Starters
- Method: Air Fryer