- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5-6 heath bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and cover it with a single layer of saltine crackers.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar together. Bring to boil then let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour hot caramel over the saltines and place the pan in the oven for 5-8 minutes until caramel is hot and bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately cover the top with chocolate chips. Let set for 3-5 minutes so the chocolate begins to melt.
- Use a nonstick spatula to spread the chocolate into a single layer and then top with crushed Heath bars.
- Place pan in freezer for several hours until set.
- Turn pan over and carefully remove the foil. Break the bark into pieces.
- Can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator if chocolate gets too soft.