This is an easy hot chocolate mix that you can keep in your pantry when you need a quick cup of hot cocoa. Just add milk or water!
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place sugar and salt in a small blender or food processor. Process until the sugar looks powdery and superfine. Leave the lid on for a couple of minutes to let the "sugar dust" settle before opening it.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend until mixed.
- Store in a mason jar or other lidded container.
- To make cocoa: Place a heaping tablespoon in a 6-8oz mug and pour hot water or milk on top. Stir. You can use more or less mix to suit your tastes.
Cuisinart Mini 3-cup Food Processor (I love this little guy when working with smaller quantities)
Top with any of your favorites like marshmallows or whipped cream. Stir with a peppermint stick for a minty twist.
See post for full list of fun ideas or variations!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 mins
- Category: Beverage
- Method: No Bake/No Cook
Keywords: hot cocoa, hot chocolate, drink mix