- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbs Smart Balance spread or similar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cans of broth, rice, and veggies to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- In another pan, melt Smart Balance spread and add flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Add last can of broth and whisk to break up any lumps.
- Cook until thick and bubbly and then stir in milk.
- Add milk mixture to veggie rice mixture and stir in the chicken.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes until thick.
Weight Watchers: 7pp per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 18g