- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 heaping TBS dry basil
- 8oz uncooked Barilla Pronto penne pasta
- Heat a large saute pan on medium low heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, vodka, and some salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook at a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and water and stir to coat with sauce, replace lid and continue to cook an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Add basil, milk, and cooked chicken. Mix well and cook another 5-8 minutes or until pasta has reached al dente consistency.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.