- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cooked, skin and fat removed, meat shredded (2 -3 cups cooked chicken)
- 1 8oz package Shirataki noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, melt the butter and add the chopped celery and onions. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the broths, carrots, Mrs. Dash, and oregano. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a low simmer and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, discard the water in the package of shirataki noodles and rinse them well with cold water several times until the aroma of the konjac disappeared. If desired, you can chop the noodles into shorter pieces.
- Heat a dry non-stick skillet on medium heat, add the noodles and toss occasionally for about 5 minutes to dry out the noodles a bit.
- Add the chicken and noodles to the soup. Add salt and pepper, taste, and adjust any seasonings as needed. Allow to simmer on low for an additional 15 minutes. Serve warm.
You can use your favorite seasoning blend, or you can just use dried basil in place of the Mrs. Dash.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins