- 1 lb lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (I used a lower sodium organic variety, or you can use about 4 tablespoons of your own)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk (can use almond milk or even heavy cream)
- 1/2 tsp salt (use less if your taco seasoning is high sodium)
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- Extra salsa, shredded lettuce, guacamole, and/or sour cream for serving - optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9" deep pie dish and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet or saute pan, brown the ground beef or turkey, breaking into small bits as it cooks. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more. Drain out most of the grease.
- To the same skillet, add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Add this mixture to the skillet along with the green onions, salsa, salt, and 3/4 cup of cheese. Stir.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pie dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake on center rack for 30-40 minutes or until center is set and cheese is melty.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice and serve with desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 of pie
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
Keywords: mexican, low carb, keto, taco