- 2.5 cups uncooked whole wheat macaroni
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS cold water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until completely combined with no lumps. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring almond milk to a low boil and then add the cornstarch mixture, whisking briskly until combined. Continue to stir occasionally until mixture begins to thicken and then lower heat.
- Add paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper, and both cheeses. Stir until the cheese melts and mixture is creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add the cooked chicken and pasta to the cheese sauce and mix together, then transfer to the 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake on center rack for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of pan
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 590
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 34